Off the Pitch Episode 33: Santiago Halty (Senda Athletics)
Off the Pitch: The Official NSCAA Podcast, rolls on with force after a busy weekend in Kansas City as the 2012 CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Tournament comes to a close. I took the time this week to chat with Santiago Halty, founder of Senda Athletics, the only company in the world with a main focus on manufacturing and selling fair trade soccer balls.
Why does fair trade matter? With the Fair Trade Certified label, you get quality products that improve lives and protect the planet. What you spend on day-to-day goods can change entire communities.
In this podcast, Santiago and I discuss fair trade and what it means to both Senda and the world at large. We look at ways that fair trade changes communities and how Senda is supporting Soccer Without Borders and other non-profits to change lives through the game of soccer.
Off the Pitch Episode 33 Show Notes
- Show Music: Ahead by a Century - The Tragically Hip
- Visit the entire Off the Pitch archive
- Rate and subscribe to he podcast via iTunes (I will love you forever!)
- Check out Senda Athletics online | Twitter | Facebook
- Fair Trade USA - Every Purchase Matters
- Answer the question “I’m a Coach Because...” and win great prizes.
- Send questions and interview suggestions to email@example.com
- Follow the NSCAA on Twitter (@NSCAA)
- NSCAA on Facebook
Who would you interview?
Off the Pitch is the official NSCAA podcast dedicated to the game we love. Each week, we interview a notable personality from the type world. And we would like you, the listener, to have your say.
Which face in the world of soccer would you interview if you had the chance? And what would you ask them? Let us know, and your choice may end up in a future edition of Off the Pitch. Just send an email with your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the past, we’ve interviewed the likes of Brian Dunseth, Taylor Twellman, Keith Tozer, Robin Russell, Ian Barker and more.