NSCAA's Soccer Jobs Database
Please click here for current employment opportunities with the National Soccer Coaches Assocation of America Headquarters.
Chief Executive Officer, National Soccer Coaches Association of America
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) shall build upon and implement the NSCAA’s strategic plan, as well as be responsible for both executive and administrative activities required to support and sustain the mission and vision. In conjunction with the Board of Directors, the CEO will enhance the many initiatives already begun, and will find new areas where the NSCAA can add value to the soccer experience of its members.
Reporting: The CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Duties: The CEO’s job description will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Build upon the strategic plan and develop the visionary direction for the association
- Implement a strategic plan and reporting process to the Board of Directors
- External liaison who has the ability to connect the association with other groups with whom we share a common purpose
- Ensure that the NSCAA maintains a respected position within the industry, both through domestic and international partnerships
- Overall administration and management of the operations for our association
- Manage the day-to-day affairs of the organization.
- Responsible for the engagement of both the professional staff and volunteer working groups
- Formulate and implement new NSCAA policies and enforce existing ones
- Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees
- Direct Reports include, but are not limited to: CFO; Director of Coaching Education; Director of Marketing; Director of Events; Director of Membership
- Consistently achieve the Association’s financial goals and objectives
- Oversee and implement sound financial analysis
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develop and recommend a long-term strategy that is supported by an annual budget and comprehensive business plan.
- Ex-officio member of the Board of Directors (direct contact with the President and the BOD)
- Finance Committee member
- Continue work done over the past two years to implement our new governance structure
- Maintain the NSCAA cultural strengths – Where the association now relies more on professional staff, it cannot function without significant part time and volunteer efforts. These efforts embrace characteristics such as diversity, collegiality, honoring tradition/heritage, recognizing achievement, mentoring, providing opportunities for interested coaches, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to fundraise, as well as to work with our NSCAA Foundation
- Proven success with strategic planning, development and implementation (10+ years preferred)
- Global understanding of the North American soccer and sports landscape
- Deep relationships in the sport, entertainment and/or media industries
- Demonstrated commitment to innovation
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Consistent experience mentoring, managing and motivating people
- Understanding of, and experience with, membership-based organizations
- Tireless work ethic and contagious commitment to excellence
- Extensive travel
- Computer skills: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Online Learning
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA / MS preferred)
Founded in 1941 and based in Kansas City, Mo., the National Soccer Coaches Association of America has grown into the world’s largest soccer coaches’ organization that serves members at every level of the game. The NSCAA works every day to inspire coaches and ignite their passion for the game so they pass it on to players and others in the soccer community. We fulfill that goal through three core values: “Learn. Participate. Belong.”
Review of applications will begin on January 28, 2015 and all applications are requested to be submitted prior to February 28, 2015. They should include a letter of introduction, Résumé / CV, and three letters / names of reference. Salary commensurate with experience. Please submit your compensation expectations along with your application. Resumes will not be accepted from third parties or from recruiting firms.
NSCAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Soccer Coaching 101
Our Soccer Coaching 101 page is meant to help guide you in jumpstarting your soccer coaching career. From tips on how to get started to education options, this page and the NSCAA is here to help steer you in the right direction.