Applications for 2016 30 Under 30 Open Soon
The NSCAA will begin accepting applications for the fourth annual NSCAA 30 Under 30 class May 13-27, 2016.
The NSCAA is looking for a special group of young coaches who want to lead the way in developing soccer players and enhancing the game.
Launched in 2013, the 30-Under-30 program is a year-long education and mentorship opportunity for a select few up-and-comers who have made soccer coaching their career of choice. This program was created to support fledgling coaches and foster their growth at a crucial point in their vocation.
Thirty selected coaches younger than 30 years old will receive:
• A travel stipend of $300 to attend the aforementioned NSCAA educational opportunities
• Recognition on NSCAA.com and at the 2017 Convention
• Access to a mentor dedicated to helping you grow as a coach
Additional benefits include:
- Exposure on NSCAA.com
- Special events such as a 30 Under 30 social at the 2017 NSCAA Convention in Los Angeles
- Participation in Google+ Hangouts with fellow 30 Under 30 coaches and mentors
- Excellent networking opportunities
In order to be considered, candidates must:
• Be a current (non-introductory) NSCAA member
• Have a minimum of two years of coaching experience (full or part-time basis)
• Be under the age of 30 yrs old (Members who have recently turned 30yrs old, may still be considered)
During the course of the 30 Under 30 program, candidates must:
• Participate in at least one (1) conference calls hosted by the NSCAA
• Contribute at least two (2) educational or training article for use by the NSCAA and its sponsors
• Write a final review that provides recommendations for the future of the program
• Attend the NSCAA Convention and an advanced NSCAA Coaching Academy course in the selected year (paid for by the scholarship)
• Participate in informational focus groups at the Convention and/or Summer Symposium
• Be prepared to contribute additional coaching content for further exposure within the NSCAA
1. Make sure your NSCAA Membership is current (introductory members will need to upgrade to a full membership).
- If you have never been a member join here
- If you have been a member in the past, but aren't currently, renew here
- If you are an introductory member, upgrade to a full membership by clicking renew here
- If you are unsure, login to myNSCAA with your membership number.
- If you don't have your membership ID number, contact the National Office at 816-471-1941 or email@example.com
2. Have two soccer-specific references prepared.
3. Be prepared to share why you feel you should be selected for the program.
4. Be prepared to discuss how you would use this educational opportunity to impact the greater soccer community.