NSCAA Board of Directors 2017 Elections
A call for nominations is now open for the newest member of the NSCAA Board of Directors. This nomination process will stay open until 5:00 CST, December 2, 2016. Once the nomination questionnaire is completed, it is sent directly to the NSCAA Nominations and Elections Committee who will select the Board of Director candidates to be voted on by the NSCAA membership.
The elected position will have a six-year cycle on the Board, serving one year as Secretary, three years as Vice President, and then ascends to become President. They then serve a final year on the Board as Past President.
Candidates for Secretary will be announced via www.NSCAA.com, on Thursday, December 15, 2016. The electronic voting process will begin on Monday, January 2, 2017 and will remain open through Noon PST Friday, January 13, 2017. The election will be administered electronically by a third party vendor, with oversight by the NSCAA Nominations and Elections Committee, to ensure fairness and transparency. Election results will be announced in the afternoon at the Annual Membership Meeting held at the Convention on January 13, 2017 in Los Angeles.
To be eligible for the Secretary position, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Current NSCAA member in good standing with the association
- Affiliated with soccer programs and/or have a background in the game
- Successful completion of the online self-nomination form during the nomination period; email nominations will not be accepted
- Willing to agree to adhere to the bylaws of the NSCAA
Any and all nominations that do not meet the criteria as stated above will be disqualified.
Secretary Job Description
The Secretary will serve a one-year term on the Board of Directors, and upon completion of this term, the Secretary will ascend to become Third Vice President. The Secretary is responsible for:
- Attending all meetings of the NSCAA Board of Directors. In-person attendance is strongly preferred, but participation by phone is acceptable.
- Submitting quarterly and annual reports in a timely manner.
- Completing the NSCAA recognized diversity and anti-harassment courses.
- Being well-versed in NSCAA Bylaws, Mission Statement, Diversity Policy, Organizational Chart, Standing Committees, Advocacy Council and NSCAA finances.
- Managing quarterly reporting process for Board members, Committees and Councils, as well as assisting the President and CEO in developing and distributing meeting materials and agendas.
- Building a collegial working relationship with other Board members that contributes to consensus.
- Serving as an advocate, ambassador and community representative of the NSCAA.
- Serving as a member of Standing Committees or Councils, or other duties as directed by the President.
If you would like to run for the NSCAA Board of Directors or know of someone you feel should be placed on the ballot, please have the nominee complete the nomination process no later than 5:00pm CST, Friday, December 2, 2016.
For more information about NSCAA Governance please refer to the NSCAA Bylaws (pdf).
Any and all questions can be directed to the chair of the NSCAA Nominations and Elections Committee, Leslie Gallimore, email@example.com